Louis accepts instructions across all of chambers’ practice areas, with a particular interest in construction disputes. Louis is regularly instructed in his own right and as junior counsel in the High Court, County Courts, and in construction adjudications. Recent highlights include:
- Instructed as sole counsel to appear in the TCC in the enforcement of an adjudication decision.
- Instructed as sole counsel in an adjudication concerning breach of contract and architect’s professional negligence.
- Instructed as sole counsel to settle pleadings concerning obstruction of an easement and to act for a party seeking an interim injunction in the High Court.
As well as litigation Louis has also worked extensively in alternative dispute resolution, in particular adjudication, mediation, and arbitration.
Louis is an enthusiastic though extremely amateur tennis player, and a keen pianist. In any spare time Louis enjoys reading, cooking and eating.
- BPTC (Very Competent) – City Law School
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) – City Law School
- MA Modern Literary Theory (Distinction) – Goldsmiths College London
- BA Comparative Literature (First) – King’s College London
Scholarships and Prizes
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Equity& Trusts Research Prize Shortlist (City Law School)
- Dean’s Award (King’s College London)