Charlie is a Construction and Insurance specialist with a domestic and international practice that has seen him led by respected silks both in and outside of Hardwicke.
His recent caseload has seen him instructed by GLD in three arbitrations worth circa £200m in relation to a long running dispute over the refurbishment and rebuilding of a government military base and the construction of a berthing facility. He is also working with Paul Reed QC in high value CAR claims arising out of sand ingress damage in wind turbines in Saudi Arabia and CAR matters closer to home.
Charlie has experience in relation to a variety of standard form contracts including FIDIC, NEC and the JCT forms. Of late, he has been involved in numerous construction, adjudication and related professional liability matters in his own right; these include a multi-million-pound final account loss and expense dispute arising out of infrastructure works at Canary Wharf, allegations of professional negligence against a firm of architects in relation to a large-scale commercial development in North Wales and a contractual dispute in respect of a photovoltaic power plant in Turkey.
Charlie accepts instructions under the Hardwicke Fixed Fee Adjudication Scheme.
- "s45 Arbitration Act 1996: A little known but useful tool", TECBAR 2015
- Jawaby Property Investment Limited v (1) The Interiors Group Limited (2) Andrew Stephan George Black , TECBAR Summer 2016
- Contributor to Construction All Risks Insurance, second edition to be published in 2017
- Contributor to Electronic Disclosure Law and Practice, Oxford University Press, first edition to be published in 2016
- "Shifting the Burden of Proof", Construction Law, May 2015
- Contributor to the LexisNexis Construction Arbitration series
- Contributor to the Practical Law Construction Blog
- BA (Hons) Jurisprudence (University of Oxford)
- Bar Professional Training Course
- Lord Astbury Scholar of the Middle Temple