Frederico has a broad commercial practice which focuses on high value, complex, international commercial litigation and arbitration. He prides himself on the quality of his written and oral advocacy across a wide spectrum of industry sectors, including banking, commodities, shipping, aviation, oil & gas, renewables, mining, infrastructure and insurance & reinsurance cases. Many of his cases are multi-disciplinary, often involving issues of fraud or economic torts in a commercial context.
His niche expertise in Brazil & Latin America related disputes is well known and involves him in legal opinions on matters relating to contracts governed by English law, potential litigation in England & Wales and arbitrations around the world. His ability to speak native Portuguese and working knowledge of Spanish gives him a significant advantage over his counterparts. In addition to Latin America, his experience has led him to represent clients from all over the world, including the Ukraine, Cyprus, Portugal, Spain, Ghana and Angola.
Frederico previously worked in-house in the technology, pharmaceutical and finance industries and continues to accept instructions from these sectors. Before coming to the Bar, he worked as a solicitor and solicitor-advocate, which expertise he puts to good use and gives him experience well beyond his year of call.
As well as his practice, Frederico sits as an arbitrator in international disputes and is a visiting lecturer in commercial dispute resolution.
- BA (Hons)
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors (England & Wales)
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association (Foreign Consultant)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- International Committee of the Bar Council, responsible for Latin America
- Ministry of Justice Court Examiner
- Gray’s Inn Barristers’ Committee
- International Bar Association
- Lex Anglo-Brasil, founder and co-chair
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Comitê Brasileiro de Arbitragem
- London Court of International Arbitration
- International Chamber of Commerce (Brasil) Arbitration & ADR Committee
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Scottish Arbitration Centre
- Newton Arbitration
- Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil (Brazilian Bar Association)
- European Circuit