Frederico is a trial advocate with a broad practice in international and domestic commercial dispute resolution. He advises and acts in English Court proceedings at all higher court levels, and overseas, and has a substantial international arbitration practice (including LCIA, ICC, LMAA, DIAC, CAM-CCBC, AIAC, ACICA and UNCITRAL). He also accepts arbitral appointments as sole and panel arbitrator and as chairman of three-member tribunals.
Frederico has a commercial practice focusing on international dispute resolution across a wide spectrum of industry sectors including: finance, corporate, M & A, commodities, dry shipping, aviation, upstream oil, renewables, mining, infrastructure and reinsurance cases.
As well as his practice, Frederico sits as an accredited mediator, is a Ministry of Justice appointed court examiner and a visiting lecturer in dispute resolution.
- BA (Hons)
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors (England & Wales)
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association (Foreign Consultant)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Accredited Advocacy Trainer by the Inns of Court College of Advocacy.
- International Committee of the Bar Council, responsible for Latin America
- Ministry of Justice Court Examiner
- Gray’s Inn Barristers’ Committee
- International Bar Association
- Lex Anglo-Brasil, founder and co-chair
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Comitê Brasileiro de Arbitragem
- London Court of International Arbitration
- International Chamber of Commerce (Brasil) Arbitration & ADR Committee
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA), Fellow
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Scottish Arbitration Centre
- Newton Arbitration
- Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil (Brazilian Bar Association)
- European Circuit
- Native Portuguese