David is an expert in Construction and Engineering, Insurance and Commercial work. He also specialises in Property Damage and Professional Negligence work.
Well versed in complex and high value representing clients in litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation, his expertise covers the international as well as the domestic and he has worked across a number of jurisdictions including the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands.
“Clearly a silk in the making” (Legal 500), he is known as “very insightful, a good advocate” (Chambers UK). Recognised by clients and legal directories alike for the fact that he is “a very commercial problem solver, who is brilliant with lay clients and an active part of the legal team” (Chambers Global), David is someone who “is very incisive and picks out the important issues from a significant number of documents” (Legal 500).
David is a regular and popular speaker both internally and for external conference providers. He also writes for Practical Law, LexisNexis and other publications.
Outside of the law, David divides his time between family, friends and football; not always in that order.
David is recommended by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for Construction, Insurance and Professional Negligence. Chambers UK also recognises him for Property Damage. He is recommended for Construction in Chambers Global.
"Great on his feet and a pleasure to work with".
“A very commercial barrister with good problem solving skills.” Chambers UK
- BSc (Hons) First Class
- Dip Law
- Tecbar Adjudicator
- Contributor to Construction All Risks Insurance (Sweet & Maxwell)
- Contributor to Insurance Broking Practice and the Law edited by CMS Cameron McKenna (INforma looseleaf)
- TECBAR (Committee Member)
- Society of Construction Lawyers
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- British Insurance Law Association
- Adjudication Society
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration