PJ was formerly a partner in a Holborn firm of solicitors but has subsequently enjoyed a long and successful career at the Bar. He took silk in 2013 – the only costs specialist to do so that year.
His practice has been and remains varied but falls mainly within costs litigation, commercial dispute resolution and professional negligence. He is instructed by a wide range of solicitors from City firms to High Street practitioners. As well as cases in England & Wales PJ has appeared in the Cayman Islands Court of Appeal in relation to the legality of CFAs and in the DIFC in Dubai.
PJ is recognised as an expert in the field of costs and is often instructed on appeals in relation to problems over retainers, CFAs etc. He is also often instructed to draft bespoke DBAs, CFAs or CCFAs for firms of solicitors.
PJ sits as a Deputy District Judge and is a Bar Council appointed High Court costs assessor. PJ is also an ADR group accredited mediator and is on the Costs ADR (CADR) panel of mediators .
PJ is recommended for costs litigation in both Chambers UK and Legal 500. He is also recommended for commercial dispute resolution in Chambers UK.
"An excellent strategist who sees the bigger picture."
- L.L.B. (Hons)
- Former Solicitor
- Deputy District Judge
- Barrister Assessor on High Court Cost Appeals
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration