Paul is a leading commercial practitioner specialising in construction, professional liability, property damage and insurance. He is regularly instructed in substantial, technical and complex civil, commercial, construction, insurance and professional negligence disputes. As well as being a popular and experienced advocate in court and in arbitration, he is also highly regarded for adjudication and advisory work.
Paul has an extensive domestic and international practice, appearing regularly in the Middle East and the Caribbean as well as other areas. He is known as an approachable and client-focused silk and a team player who gives clear and consistent advice.
He is also an occasional post graduate tutor and lecturer in construction law and arbitration at Kings College and a highly experienced mediator, adjudicator and arbitrator. He has been shortlisted as Construction Silk of the Year in the Legal 500 Awards.
Paul is recommended as a leading silk in Construction, Insurance and Reinsurance by Chambers UK, Chambers Global and Legal 500, in Property Damage by Chambers UK and Professional Negligence in Legal 500.
The directories state:
- “A real expert in construction disputes with a deep understanding of the industry. Able to articulate complex technical issues in simple and easily digestible terms.” (Chambers UK)
- “He is very robust and is ever the pragmatist.” (Chambers UK)
- “Technically fantastic and he is also incredibly approachable.” (Legal 500)
- ”A natural choice for big-ticket, international infrastructure disputes” (Chambers UK)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association.
- Society of Construction Lawyers.
- Commercial Bar Association.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Insurance Assessor – Centre for Justice.
- Dubai International Financial Court
- London Commercial Law & Commercial Bar Association.
- Professional Negligence Bar Association.
- British Insurance Law Association.
- London Court of International Arbitration
- LLB (Hons).
- Accredited Mediator and Adjudicator.