Nigel Jones QC specialises in commercial litigation, insurance and reinsurance, construction and professional negligence. He has extensive experience of complex contentious and non-contentious work in these areas instructed by some of the country’s leading and most specialist solicitors for national and international clients including:
- Clearing banks, private banks and building societies
- Lloyd’s syndicates and leading insurers such as Ace, RSA, QBE, Liberty & MarketForm
- Major utility companies such as EDF Energy
- Local authorities and the FSA Ombudsman
- National housebuilders such as Barratt & Bellway, national media such as the Daily Telegraph
- Listed companies and high-profile sportsmen.
He is a highly experienced mediation advocate and also acts as a commercial arbitrator and mediator.
Nigel is a member of the Harbour Litigation Funding Investment Committee.
Nigel is recommended in the current editions of The Legal 500 and Chambers UK for commercial litigation, construction, insurance/reinsurance and professional negligence.
- Arbitrator and mediator member of ADR Chambers (UK) Ltd
- Commercial Bar Association
- Franco-British Lawyers Society
- Institute of Arbitrators
- London Commercial Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Technology & Construction Bar Association.
- Society of Construction Law
- London Court of International Arbitration