David is an experienced commercial practitioner whose practice covers domestic and international litigation and arbitration, as well as other forms of ADR. David acts in all types of commercial disputes whether arising from contract, breach of duty or otherwise, including joint ventures, partnerships, shareholder and directors’ disputes, commercial fraud, sales of goods and services, franchising, professional negligence, and agency, in particular commercial agency.
He is recommended as an “incredibly impressive” leading junior in commercial dispute resolution by the legal directories. They note the fact that not only is he “an excellent advocate” but also that he is “highly user-friendly”, “down to earth, very commercial”. “When you have a difficult court case, he’s the guy you want. He really fights your corner, he’s extremely thorough and he knows his stuff”.
Recent notable cases include:
- Apollo Window Blinds  EWHC 2307 (QB)
- Startwell v Energie  EWCH 421 (QB)  All ER (D) 09 (Mar)
- Beavis v ParkingEye - Supreme Court -  UKSC 67  3W.L.R 1373]
- The Northampton Regional Livestock Centre Co Ltd v Cowling & Lawrence – Court of Appeal -  EWCA Civ 651  P.N.L.R. 5  4 Costs L.O. 477
- VTB Capital Plc v Nutritek International Corp & Ors - Court of Appeal -  EWCA Civ 808
- Malcolm Harrison v (1) Sir John Madejski (2) Coys of Kensington (A Firm) -  EWCA Civ 361
- Rossetti Marketing v Diamond Sofa - Court of Appeal -  EWCA Civ 1021
David is an accredited mediator.
David is recommended by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for commercial dispute resolution.
He “combines astonishing turnaround time with excellent quality of work. He explains complex issues very clearly to clients and grasps detail quickly. He is impressive on his feet.”
- LL.B Hons
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- London Court of International Arbitration