Simon has a broad practice and accepts instructions in commercial, insolvency, and construction cases. He has had experience as a junior in complex disputes, and has a strong commercial and insolvency practice in his own right.
Before coming to Hardwicke, Simon worked for 4 years at PwC, where he assisted FTSE 100, FTSE 250 and private companies on a range of tax and accounting issues. In particular, he advised on employee remuneration and share incentive arrangements, and spent his final year in a team advising banks and other financial services companies on regulatory issues.
- ACA from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- BPTC (Outstanding), Nottingham Law School
- LLM (Distinction), University College London
- BA Law (Jurisprudence), Merton College, University of Oxford
- Taylor Prize for best overall performance on the BPTC at Nottingham Law School (2012)
- Winner of the Ropewalk Chambers Mooting Competition, Nottingham Law School (2012)
- Prize for best performance in International and Comparative Law of Trusts, University College London (2011)
- McGrigors Prize for best performance in Tax Law, University of Oxford (2010)
- Joint winner of the Shearman & Sterling Mooting Competition, University of Oxford (2010)
Member of the Society of Construction Lawyers.
- Chinese (Mandarin) - basic
- French - basic