Emma is a commercial barrister with a particular interest in contractual disputes, construction and professional negligence matters. She acts in complex dispute resolution, both as a junior and in her own right.
Emma’s previous successful career in business communications and consultancy gives her a particular understanding of commercial clients as well as a practical and commercial approach. She has worked in organisations as diverse as Serco, the Carbon Trust and Microsoft.
Before changing career, Emma combined her work with fencing at an international level. She represented Australia in five world championships and has won two Commonwealth medals.
- LLM - King’s College London – (Distinction)
- BPTC - University of Law – (Outstanding)
- GDL - University of Law – (Distinction)
- BA in English and Ancient History, University of Queensland – (First Class Honours)
Scholarships & Awards
- L.LM - Georg Schwarzenberger Award for International Law
- L.LM - Prize for best student on Business Law programme
- BPTC - Inner Temple Exhibition Award
- BA - University Medal for Outstanding Scholarship
- Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law
- National Association of Women in Construction