Emma specialises in commercial, construction and professional negligence matters. Within those areas she acts in complex dispute resolution, both as a junior and in her own right. Emma is currently instructed as junior counsel to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
Before coming to the Bar, Emma had a successful career in business communications and consultancy working for organisations as diverse as Serco, the Carbon Trust and Microsoft. This experience has given her a particular understanding of multinational commercial clients as well as a practical and business-minded approach.
Emma is a contributor to the recently published Electronic Disclosure Law and Practice and to Construction Professionals Indemnity Insurance.
Before changing career, Emma combined her work with fencing at an international level. She represented Australia in five world championships and has won two Commonwealth medals.
- LLM - King’s College London – (Distinction)
- BPTC - University of Law – (Outstanding)
- GDL - University of Law – (Distinction)
- BA in English and Ancient History, University of Queensland – (First Class Honours)
Scholarships & Awards
- L.LM - Georg Schwarzenberger Award for International Law
- L.LM - Prize for best student on Business Law programme
- BPTC - Inner Temple Exhibition Award
- BA - University Medal for Outstanding Scholarship
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law