Matthew is a commercial barrister with particular expertise in company and shareholder disputes, commercial contractual claims, insolvency and employment issues including employment competition work. He also has niche specialisms in contentious trust and probate work.
Matthew is registered for the Public Access Scheme and is able to accept instructions from members of the public directly.
Out of chambers, Matthew is often to be found up mountains, completing long distance walks or leading expeditions abroad. He is also a keen tennis and football player and glory hunting Burnley fan. As well as his sport, he dabbles in computer programming and gardening.
- University College London, BSc Mathematics
- PGDL, BVC, College of Law
- Mediator (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators accredited)
- Chairman of the Tribunal of Travelling Showmen (2014)
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Chancery Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association