Daniel specialises in disputes about property, the emphasis being on real property and commercial landlord and tenant. Daniel is also well known for his expertise in mortgages and secured lending. His residential landlord and tenant practice focuses on leasehold enfranchisement. Daniel’s extensive knowledge of land registration law is one of his strengths as a property litigator.
Daniel’s other work tends to involve property but less directly. For example he is often instructed in professional negligence claims relating to conveyancing and surveyors/valuers and in partnership actions where the assets of the partnership include land/properties.
In 2008 Daniel was appointed as a Deputy Adjudicator to HM Land Registry and since 2013 has been a judge of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber, Land Registration).
Daniel is an experienced, ADR Group accredited mediator.
- Property Bar Association (formerly Secretary)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
Daniel contributed a chapter to “Commercial Property Practice: An Expert Guide” (2015, Wilmington Legal) and for several years was a chapter author for "Practical Civil Court Precedents" (Sweet and Maxwell).
- Manchester University, B.A.(Econ.)Hons. in Politics and Economics
- City University, Dip. Law
- Judge of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber, Land Registration)
- ADR Group accredited mediator