Sri has a strong commercial practice, with a particular emphasis on commercial litigation, insolvency (both corporate and personal), civil fraud and company law.
She is instructed as sole counsel in a number of complex, high value Commercial Court and Chancery Division matters and is frequently against more senior opponents. She is also a sought after junior and welcomes instructions to act as part of a team.
Sri’s broad range of experience covers contractual and misrepresentation disputes, including in the field of franchising, breach of warranty claims, breach of duty claims, economic torts, commercial agency, partnership and joint venture disputes, unfair prejudice petitions, claims on behalf of insolvency practitioners and creditors, asset recovery and injunctions to restrain presentation or advertisement of winding up petitions.
She has expertise in making and resisting applications for interim injunctive relief and regularly appears in the urgent applications court in the Chancery Division.
Further details of Sri’s work are available by clicking on the tabs to the left.
Sri’s current and recent instructions include:
- Acting for an energy company in a claim for breach of a sale and purchase agreement concerning a solar power development. Commercial Court. Sole counsel.
- Acting for a liquidator in a multi-defendant claim alleging embezzlement of monies by a former de facto director. Chancery Division. Sole counsel.
- Acting for an investment fund which alleged that a former director misappropriated confidential information as part of a conspiracy. Chancery Division. Led by Nigel Jones QC.
- Defending a television personality in a multi-million pound transaction at an undervalue claim brought by her former husband’s trustee in bankruptcy. Led by Matthew Collings QC at Maitland Chambers.
Before training as a barrister, Sri was a journalist covering business and consumer stories at the London Evening Standard. As a result, she is comfortable with cases of a complex financial nature and has a keen awareness of the wider commercial issues in legal disputes.
- BPTC (BPP London) – Outstanding
- GDL (BPP London) – Distinction
- BSc Politics (University of Bristol)
Scholarships and Prizes
- Award for Outstanding performance, Inner Temple – BPTC
- Exhibition Scholarship, Inner Temple – BPTC and GDL
- First prize, Individual Mediator – International Academy of Dispute Resolution International Law School Mediation Tournament 2012, Chicago
- First prize, Individual Mediator and first prize, Mediation Team – UK Law Schools Mediation Competition 2012
- COMBAR - Young COMBAR Committee Member
- Chancery Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association