Brie is recommended in the latest editions of The Legal 500 and Chambers UK. She is a client focused property barrister experienced at dealing with property litigation, property transactions, probate, professional negligence and franchising.
Brie’s successful property practice, focusing in particular on real property, the more commercial aspects of property work including disputes around property developments and commercial property, continues to flourish. In addition her contentious probate work, which generally involves property, has grown significantly in the last few years.
Property related professional negligence (particularly involving solicitors and surveyors), franchising and other areas of commercial work with a property angle form the balance of Brie's practice.
She was appointed as a Deputy Adjudicator to HM Land Registry in 2005 and continues now as a Judge of the 1st Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (Land Registration Division). Brie’s role in that context, which draws on her extensive experience of property transactions and litigation, enhance her knowledge and skills further.
Mediation is the other string to Brie's bow. She has the benefit of a great deal of experience of mediation from both angles: as a mediator and representing clients in mediations. She is increasingly in demand in both capacities.
Brie has contributed to the following publications:
- LLM (Property Law) with Merit
- Mediator (Accredited by ADR Chambers UK June 2003)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Freehold (Board Member 2012 to date)
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association (Chair)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Property Bar Association (Former Secretary & Committee Member)
- Judge of the 1st Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (Land Registration Division) (2005 to date)
- Member of the Civil Procedure Rule Committee (2000-2003)
- Member of Bar Council Pupillage Board (2003-2005)
- Member of Bar Standards Board Quality Assurance Committee & Pupillage Sub-Committee (2006 to date)
Brie's preferred form of transport is a 955cc Triumph motor cycle. She has a reputation for enjoying activities like bungee jumping, roller coasters, body flying and travel to far flung places such as Kurdistan.