Brie is recommended as a leading silk in the latest editions of The Legal 500 and Chambers UK and won Chambers UK's Real Estate Silk of the Year Award 2017. She is a client focused property barrister experienced at dealing with property litigation, property transactions, probate, professional negligence and franchising.
Brie’s successful property practice, focusing in particular on real property, property development and, the more commercial aspects of property work continues to flourish. In addition she has developed a strong reputation for her contentious probate work, which frequently involves property issues.
Property related professional negligence (particularly involving solicitors and surveyors), franchising and other areas of commercial work with a property angle form the balance of Brie's practice.
She was appointed as a Deputy Adjudicator to HM Land Registry in 2005 and continues now as a Tribunal Judge of the 1st Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (Land Registration Division). That role draws on Brie’s extensive experience of property transactions and litigation. Brie is also a Commissioner at the Judicial Appointments Commission.
Mediation is the other string to Brie's bow. She has a great deal of experience of mediation from both angles: as a mediator and representing clients in mediations. She is increasingly in demand in both capacities and works as a mediator privately and in the FTT.
Brie's preferred form of transport is a motor cycle (she is sadly without wheels currently). She has a reputation for enjoying activities like bungee jumping, roller coasters, body flying and travel to far flung places such as the North Pole, Iran and Kurdistan.
Brie is also able to accept direct access instructions and is often instructed to provide an initial assessment of prospects and strategic advice.
Brie is recommended in both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for real estate/property litigation. Chambers UK and Chambers High Net Worth both recommend her for Traditional Chancery.
Brie has contributed to the following publications:
- LLM (Property Law) with Merit
- Mediator (Accredited by ADR Chambers UK June 2003)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Freehold (Board Member 2012 to date)
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association (Chair)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Property Bar Association (Former Secretary & Committee Member)
- Tribunal Judge - FTT (Property Chamber) (Land Registration Division) (2005 to date)
- Member of the Civil Procedure Rule Committee (2000-2003)
- Member of Bar Council Pupillage Board (2003-2005)
- Member of Bar Standards Board Quality Assurance Committee & Pupillage Sub-Committee (2006 to 2013)