Maggie Bloom’s work is exclusively in the areas of Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Mental Health and Coroner’s Law. She has been recognised as a leading junior clinical negligence practitioner by The Legal 500 since 2003 and by Chambers UK. Before being called to the Bar, Maggie practiced as a medical General Practitioner for over 13 years in south London. She sat as a Deputy Coroner for Inner London North and later for Greater London North for over 11 years. She now sits on an ethics committee for a Ministry of Defence research establishment.
- Maggie has contributed to the 3rd Edition of “Clinical Negligence” edited by Powers, Harris and Barton, 2008
- Mason’s “Forensic Medicine for Lawyers” 5th Edition 2008, edited by Cowan and Hunt
- Editor of Butterworths Health Services, Law and Practice 2003
- M.R.C.G.P.(Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners)
- B.M.B.S. Nottingham University Medical School
- B. Med. Sci. Biochemistry Honours 1st Class Nottingham University Medical School
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Medico-Legal Society
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Action for Victims of Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Society of Her Majesty's Coroners for England and Wales
- Society of Doctors in Law.