Shazia practises in public and administrative law - including education law, discrimination, community care and human rights. Her practice also includes commercial work such as contractual disputes, property, and procurement matters. She has a diverse practice, acting for local authorities; public bodies; NGOs; commercial organisations and individuals. She has been consistently ranked as a leading junior by the Legal 500. Shazia is also a qualified mediator (ADR Group).
Where appropriate Shazia is happy to receive instructions on a direct access basis.
From 2012-2017 Shazia was based in Geneva and has now returned to London. Shazia continues to work internationally and for UK based clients.
- Bsoc.Sc, University of Manchester
- Dip Law
- Benefactor’s Scholar of the Middle Temple
- Mediator (ADR Group)
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Education Law Association
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Young International Arbitration Group
Publications and training
- Contributor to Lexis Nexis Q&A and Practice Notes on local government and education matters.
- Provides training to local authorities, schools, NGO’s and lawyers in relation to the Equality Act obligations, ‘Prevent’ guidance and education matters.
- Former contributing editor of Education Law Monitor.