Hardwicke is delighted to present this timely seminar examining copyright issues in relation to plots, themes and formats. The seminar will examine recent UK and international case law and cover a range of media including music, computer games and literature.
The speakers include Mark Engelman (Hardwicke), Shireen Peermohamed (Harbottle & Lewis), Nick Kounoupias (DMH Stallard), Annsley Merelle Ward (Collyer Bristow) Rebecca Dimaridis (Jeffrey Green Russell) and Birgit Clark (Berwin Leighton Paisner).The seminar will be chaired by Jeremy Phillips (IP Consultant, Olswang LLP, blogmeister, IPKat weblog).
This seminar will cover:
- Fact and fiction: recent UK case law on protecting plots with Mark Engelman
- Protecting computer games and business programs: is it possible? with Shireen Peermohamed
- Music themes with Nick Kounoupias
- Plots, themes and formats - a US overview with Annsley Merelle Ward
- How do other countries handle these problems? with Rebecca Dimaridis
- If copyright won’t provide protection, what of other IP rights? with Birgit Clark
11am - 3pm; 10.30am registration
9th March 2011
Hardwicke Building, New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3SB
Accredited with 3 CPD Points
Includes both lunch and light refreshments
£70 per person incl. VAT (£58.33)
If you would like to attend this event please contact Marketing Assistant Lisa Pick by email at email@example.com or telephone 020 7242 2523