Brie Stevens Hoare QC and Edward Rowntree recently ran a seminar on the issues aired in Ilott v Mitson including:
- The meaning of maintenance
- The treatment of Charitable beneficiaries
- State benefits as a resource
- Tax or Benefit efficient structuring
- How to approach the balancing exercise
- The Supreme Court Decision
- The Unanswered Questions
- Practical considerations going forward
If you would like to listen to a recording of this, it is available here.
This article is provided free of charge for information purposes only; it does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. No responsibility for the accuracy and/or correctness of the information and commentary set out in the article, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed or accepted by any member of Chambers or by Chambers as a whole.