Our barristers have extensive experience in all areas of leasehold management, including service charge disputes, lease variation, enfranchisement, rights of first refusal and appointment of managers. Members of the team are regularly instructed to act in relation to some of the largest major works projects in the country and for many of the major residential portfolio holders.
We can help at every stage, including advice, drafting, help with expert reports and representation at hearings mediations and arbitrations. Members appear regularly in the Courts as well as the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal on such matters.
In addition to expert legal and procedural advice, our members also provide commercial tactical advice to help clients identify the most cost-effective solutions, and will always work as a team with their clients to seek to settle disputes, whenever possible, without recourse to formal court or tribunal proceedings. We write articles and speak at seminars and conferences on this area of law on a regular basis. We also offer in-house and, bespoke training sessions. For more detailed information please see Insights.
Who we act for
- Landlords (private & corporate)
- Managing agents and other portfolio managers
- Local Authorities
- RSLs and other Charitable and Social Housing providers
- Lessees/Tenants (corporate and private individuals)
- Tenant and Resident Associations
- Right to Manage companies
Our areas of work include
- Service charges (commercial and residential)
- Consultation Requirements and Dispensation
- Estate charges, including Estate Management Schemes
- Lessees rights to Information
- Lease variations
- Right to Manage
- The appointment of a Manager
- Rights of First Refusal
- Compulsory Acquisitions
- Termination of leases including determinations prior to forfeiture
- Recovery of Costs
If you need any assistance in and of these areas, please contact a member of our Practice Management Team on +44 20 7242 2523 or e-mail email@example.com.