Costs issues are becoming increasingly complex and there is a growing need for specialist costs counsel.
Hardwicke’s costs specialists undertake the full range of costs work. We have extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious costs matters and litigation arising out of retainers and costs arrangements, including CFAs, CCFAs and third party funding arrangements. Our members have wide experience of costs litigation at all levels and some of our members sit together with judges as costs assessors.
Our barristers have been involved in advising on and drafting standard, mixed and retrospective CFAs. They have also assisted in the creation, protection and challenging of block arrangements for costs or disbursements.
We are also experienced in the coverage issues that arise in relation to legal expenses insurance and after the event (ATE) policies and also the problems that can arise as to the recovery of ATE insurance premiums.
Who we act for
- Arbitrators, Adjudicators and ADR professionals
- Legal expenses and ATE insurers
- Parties in litigation, arbitration or ADR
Our areas of work include
- Assessment of costs orders
- Assessment of solicitors’ bills
- Conditional Fee Agreements and success fees
- Costs in Arbitration and ADR
- Costs in litigation
- Legal expenses and ATE insurance disputes
- Part 36 offers and offers to settle
- Security for costs
- Solicitor / Client disputes
- Third party funding
- Wasted costs
If you need any assistance in any of these areas, please contact a member of our Practice Management Team on +44 20 7242 2523 or e-mail email@example.com.